Hosting Springs Dance Company
- The dancers will need access to the venue approximately one and a half hours before an assembly and one hour before a workshop.
- Depending on location, it may be necessary to provide accommodation for dancers/teachers both before and after an event. SDC members often stay with local hosts but the company will require B&B accommodation if staying in a home is not possible.
- Please provide meals for SDC members for the duration of their stay. At least one hot meal is requested each day.
Requirements for workshops
- SDC require a well ventilated but warm hall or large room, in which there should be space for each participant to turn with arms outstretched. A maximum of 30 participants are allowed with an ideal number of 20.
- The floor needs to be safe for dancing with bare feet.
- We would prefer a loud sound system to be supplied for playing CD’s and iPods, although we can supply our own CD player and speakers if necessary.
- Participants should wear clothing that does not restrict their movement (T-shirt, tracksuit, leggings etc.)
Requirements for assemblies
- A large flat space is necessary for performance assemblies - at least 6m by 6m clear, flat space. The floor needs to be safe for dancing with bare feet.
- SDC owns a simple sound system but if the venue has a good quality built-in system, this may provide a better sound quality. SDC sound tracks are generally on CD or on iPod. You will need to provide an experienced person/student who can operate the sound system during the performance in either case. In large venues it may be necessary to provide a microphone for introductions.
Requirements for full-length performances
- Performance requirements vary according to the show. Please contact the SDC office.
- All performances require a minimum of 6m width by 6m depth clear, flat space.